Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Made A Pattern......ME!

Well I guess anything is possible. I actually made a pattern for an A line skirt. I know it's only a skirt with 2 pieces, but for me it is a great confidence builder. On one of the sewing blogs I read about another craft site (like Craftsy) that has online video classes. I was curious. Although the sewing projects they have are limited (a few dozen) I decided to give them a try. They offer different subscription packages and you pay one fee for access to any class on the site. I signed up for the 1 month trial membership to see if I liked it.

Anyway back to the skirt. They offer an A line skirt class that starts with the drafting of the pattern from your measurements, to completion of the sewn skirt. I found the whole process of drafting the pattern an awesome experience. Of course the success of this will depend on the fit and completion of the skirt, but for tonight I prefer just to gloat :) over my accomplishment....

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I'm always looking for sites that have great instructions - would like to know if you would recommend the one you used - and what the name is? :D